Friday, November 23, 2007

Kayaking Alexander River (with men!)









The weekend after tie dye Mark passed away I went south to visit the Osceola forest pond where he passed away and to visit my parents and then to visit Larry and Bill in Astor Park on the return trip. Larry was close to Mark. Mark spent a month this past summer visiting him while he outfitted his diesel truck with a step in camper. We wanted to have a memorial to him and to take a kayak trip on the Alexander River. This river is in the Ocala Forest, a forest Mark loved and spent much time in. The river is fed by Alexander Spring. It is shallow, cool, and fast flowing and has much of the same wildlife as other spring fed rivers in the land of flowers. Here are a few photos. The fellas are actually quite civilized (for men) despite their hairiness. They even go at my pace while kayaking. I had fun with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment