Monday, February 02, 2009

Wacissa Saturday

The egrets are displaying breeding plumage now! Hey I'd go for a fella in silky feathers!

Spying a turkey in the tops of the trees along the river is a thrill.
I recently finished Temple Grandin's latest book and I have been thinking a great deal more about stressing animals and I am finding that I am more tentative than usual about bothering these beauties. Especially these anhingas who with wet wings, are reluctant or maybe just can't fly off to get away from my annoying presence. So I snapped quickly and moved off.
How the snake bird got it's name!
Gray catbird


I believe this is a female eastern towhee
Unidentified flying object or maybe it's just a mullett!
Well I am mystified as to how my typing has been turned into Hindi but maybe it's a sign...