Friday, August 24, 2007

Lazy Friday on The Wacissa





Don't worry dad. This alligator was just yawning! Amazing huh? I like to stay still and become a part of the river....amazing sights are revealed....and since I am a river rat from the Detroit River...it is easy. I gathered up diamonds today, too dad!

Peggy and I ran into Hitchhiker this morning since she has Fridays off from her salt mine. Peggy has some more cool lenses for her Sony and it was good to see her after several weeks of no pal-kayaking...

I learned Janice and her husband have alligator permits and I also learned some more about permitting. Only four permits have been issued for the Wakulla and Janice has already gotten one of her alligators. They sold out in two mintues!

I was invited to go on a hunt....actually I asked to go... I am a little scared though so I'm not sure if I will go. She used a lasso which is on a stick and a stun gun for her first one. They got the one that hangs around the Calico Hill boat ramp. He was ten and a half feet. The gator in this photo is pretty big and he might be toast pretty soon as well...or should I say kabob? I will be having some kabob one way or another from the Wacissa this year! And eventually, I will be a part of this holy place when Nathan and his wife scatter my ashes! I belong here, I am sure.

So about eight gators will be taken from the Wacissa but I believe she said 32 would come out of Lake Miccosukee! Wow, I have only been kayaking a tiny bit on that lake!

I don't blab a lot on my blog but I suppose I should finally say after two years of blogging that I am a psychotherapist. But really, who would care? This is my therapy... or some of it, at least!

2 comments:

  1. Lots of people care!
    As to alligators, remember,
    Save the bones for Henry Jones,
    cause Henry don't eat no meat!
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. And you're a psychotherapist! All the more reason to get on the river regularly.

    ReplyDelete