Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Mark Fackeldey: 1942-2004: Rare master of autoharp


Three years ago on this date my pal Mark Fackeldey passed away. The Florida Folk Festival lost some of its fun after that. Here he is playing at my camp...probably Grasshopper Sittin on a Sweet Potato Vine, which I often asked him to play. Or maybe Shenandoah Falls, or Velociraptor.... Anyway, it was sweet, buoyant, and mysterious... Mark's playing...

I'll be at the Florida Folk Festival once again this year. I'm MCing three stages, singing with The Morbid Tablenapkin Choir and Doug Gauss at the Harmony Workshop, and doing the Autoharp Workshop along with several other autoharpers. Please stop by. Look for my sign in the campground.... "harpgirl's camp". I'll be in The Miccosukee Land Coop camp. The Festival is November 9-11 at Stephen Foster Memorial State Park in White Springs, Florida.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your friends passing. I had never heard of the autoharp. Any chance that you might post video of you playing? The festival sounds really neat. Have fun.
    Stacie

    ReplyDelete