Sunday, October 05, 2008

With dad's first mate on the river







Mom and I went out for a fall paddle today. Mr. Bob helped us with a tandem kayak and we also got to see his 1984 hot car! The pileated woodpeckers nearly drove me mad all day long but mom is such a strong paddler and so used to being first mate that she didn't neek up on the peckers! So I have mainly alligator photos. The small ones were all about. I saw a bald eagle since they have returned for mating season and the red shouldered hawks are about. It is hunting season for bows so I saw some bow hunters. I won't say who! The trash can was knocked over in the park and it may have been a brown bear! There were a lot of mullett in the upper river as well as down by Goose Pasture where I was paddling last weekend.

I like the winter for birding better than summer! when the leaves fall lots more birds are visible on the river. With all the spanish moss this time of year, it is challenging to see songbirds. Of course I listened and looked for ivory bills!

I've also included a photo from the 55th Florida Folk Festival.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pics, but lose the ultraviolet font. Really hard to read.

    ReplyDelete