Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Walking The Piney Z Trail: 4/10/10

Ride with me as I bike the path from the Alford Greenway down into Piney Z.
We have to find the entrance. It's a ways down the path but well-worn from bikes.
Look down the tracks as we cross them to get to the lakes.

Look towards the sun and Lake Lafayette.
Look at Piney Z Lake.
Redwing blackbirds call their mates.



Trixie and I share the path between the lakes.
Who can resist these bright orange legs.


Marvel at the twists of live oaks along the path.
Find your way home again.

2 comments:

  1. By the way, I was up in your neck of the woods today and hiked a trail to the berm between the county and state parts of Lake Lafayette. Saw a small gator and thought of your monster gator!

    I may try yakking up there with my friend who lives near the lake (but has never been on the water). Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suggest you take me!
    pfg

    ReplyDelete