Saturday, December 01, 2007

Otter Day

I slept in this morning after a late night harmony session with the enablers and then decided to ignore the dirty dishes, the piles of laundry, the dusty furniture, and the unwritten paper and go to the river. December first and it was 78 degrees and brilliantly sunshiny. I have been searching for the IBWO now that the leaves are falling and I was hoping to see some more unusual sights such as those last weekend. The more tuned in I am to this river, the more stuff happens....I did see a deer swimming at the deer crossing area ( I recognize it), and I found these otters. Otters are mainly downriver of the springs these days, it seems.
I also saw hitchiker on her airboat and boldly paddled up to it while threatening to ram them ...we had a laugh about this when she told her friends she knew me. There is no love lost between kayakers and airboat owners on this river They keep the gator population down! But really, I can do without the confederate flags, guys!

2 comments:

  1. How cool is that! Oh someday I do soooo hope to see some otters while kayaking. Previously I had prayed to see beaver and now that I have, I'd love to see otter. You get the coolest pics of those little guys! and hey...what better way to blow off housework than to go kayaking?
    Stacie

    ReplyDelete